Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on the economic situation in Ukraine, December 11, 2024
From: "Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting \(IER\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 17:30:00 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting would like to 
invite you for our regular monthly ‘Diplomatic Briefing’ during which IER 
experts share their views on the economic situation in Ukraine as well as 
present the results of recent business tendency survey.

The next Diplomatic Briefing dedicated to a discussion “Ukraine’s economic 
situation and challenges in November 2024” will be held online via Zoom on 
December 11, 2024, Wednesday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST 
/ 15:00-16:00 CEST).

In November, russian strikes on energy generation and transmission network 
resulted in planned and emergency electricity outages. This negatively 
impacted development of manufacturing. The electricity imports helped as 
well as the module generation capacities installed by some companies. Still, 
the situation is rather fragile and uncertainty increased due to the little 
understanding on how the US support of Ukraine will evolve in 2025.

The Government approved the State Budget Law for 2025, which envisages 
revenues from tax increases and financing for ERA. Therefore, financing is 
likely to be available in 2025. However, if military support reduces as 
compared to 2024, the Government will have to spend part of international 
assistance for defense procurements.

The IER experts will discuss these and other recent economic trends 
(including trade developments, monetary policy, inflation, etc), challenges 
and outlook during the Briefing. Besides, more results of the IER business 
tendency survey, conducted in September, will be presented.

Speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary 
Society studies.

✅ English is the working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

✅ Please, register for participation in the Briefings via 
https://forms.office.com/e/0VZTiVwT7C

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER, 
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions, 
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international partners. 
We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing this invitation 
with individuals outside of your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who would 
benefit from this discussion, we would appreciate if you would be so kind to 
provide us with their contact information.

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) is a 
well-known Ukrainian independent think tank established in 1999, focusing on 
economic research and policy consulting. The IER is a top Ukrainian think 
tank with internationally recognized expertise almost 20 years of experience 
in implementing projects on Ukraine's economic development funded by 
international donor organizations, i.e. SIDA, USAID, UNDP, World Bank Group 
and others. In 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report the IER is one of 
the 140 Best Independent Think Tanks out of  6,500 surveyed, it is  49th in 
“Best Advocacy Campaign” category, 69th as best International Economics 
Think Tank and  86th best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe.  The IER 
has successfully implemented multiple international donors projects related 
to the field of reform implementation in Ukraine. The IER successfully 
combines professional analysis with active involvement in public dialogue 
and advocacy and actively cooperates with Ukrainian national and regional 
authorities in issues related to strategic planning and policy development 
as well as policy implementation. The IER has the capacity for grant 
management and provides re-granting for capacity development to regional 
civil society organizations and media. The IER financial standing has been 
secured through projects as well as private contributions.

__________________

Kind regards,

Igor Burakovsky,

IER Head of the Board